"They sow the wind and reap the whirlwind." Hosea 8:7
I heard someone say the other day, "Well, since God is sovereign, it really doesn't matter what I do. I am His child, and He will make everything I do work out for good." Today's passage is clear that if you sow the winds of sin, you will reap the whirlwind of consequences. In case you need to be convinced, check out these passages.
- "But if you fail to do this, you will be sinning against the LORD; and you may be sure that your sin will find you out." Numbers 32:23
- "As I have observed, those who plow evil and those who sow trouble reap it." Job 4:8
- Whoever sows injustice reaps calamity. Proverbs 22:8
- Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Galatians 6:7-8
- The sins of some are obvious, reaching the place of judgment ahead of them; the sins of others trail behind them. 1 Timothy 5:24
Lord, You are a gracious God abounding in love and forgiveness. Please do not let us presume on Your grace, love, or forgiveness. In Jesus' name. Amen.