By: Michael and Tiffany Ross
For God is not a God of disorder but of peace.
Pick out your favorite things. Maybe it’s a warm fuzzy blanket, ice cream, a funny cartoon, or a comfy sweatshirt. Take a few minutes to discuss why you selected your item.
Talk It Out
· Why did you pick the item you chose?
· How does this item make you feel when you’ve had a long, busy day?
· How is God our comforter? How does He make you feel at the end of a long busy day?
· Does He really care about our small problems?
· Do you regularly ask Him for comfort when you are feeling troubled or scared?
Kids feel safe when there are boundaries and order in life. They may push back, resist, or try to find a way around your boundaries. But they also find comfort in knowing they are there. As our Comforter, God has given us parameters in our lives. He gives us order for our own benefit. Help your child to understand that God always works for our well-being. He is on our side!
Talk to God
As you pray, encourage your child to (1) thank Jesus for being so big and mighty and (2) ask the Lord to help him appreciate what He has done for him.
© 2015 by Back to the Bible