101 Five-Minute Meal Time Devotions: Fun and Creative Ways
to Teach your Kids Spiritual Values
By Greg Johnson
It’s Thursday. One more school day until the weekend! All of a sudden, your teacher announces you’ll be having a pop quiz that you haven’t studied for.
A quiz! you think. Since you haven’t even looked at your books, there’s no way you’ll do well. The girl next to you pulls out some paper and says, “I’ve got this one aced. I’ve been studying all week.” She’s the smartest kid in class. She aces every test.
You pull out your paper and pencil, listening carefully as the teacher reads the first question. When your neighbor starts writing, your eyes take a quick glance at her paper. She finishes writing down her answer before you can even think of what to put.
As the teacher asks the second question, you know this test is going to get ugly unless you think quickly.
Questions to Think On
• What would you do if the teacher turned her back?
• What would most of your classmates do in this situation?
• If you knew you wouldn’t get caught, would you look on your neighbor’s paper...just this once?
• Mom and Dad: What would you want your child to do in this situation? Why?
• What would you have done in the same situation back when you were in school?
What Does God Have to Say?
The Lord abhors dishonest scales, but accurate weights are his delight. Proverbs 11:1
Blessed are they who maintain justice, who constantly do what is right. Psalm 106:3